Monday, June 30, 2014

Two pins with one stone

If I could have a do-over - I would not have textured ceramic tiles all through my house. Seriously!! It's just the pits. My floors rarely look clean in high traffic areas because the dirt gets into the dips and dents in the tiles - and then there is the grout. Don't get me started on the grout!! Grotty grout. Gross grout. BLEH!!

Anyway - as part of prepping for our big interstate trek we are going on in two weeks I want to do some deep cleaning of the house so I can come home and relax and not be annoyed at stuff that needs doing (apart from all the washing, and unpacking!)

So... I came across this pin that says you can clean your tile grout with a laundry stain remover.  I didn't have the particular brand that they said - but I did have Orange Power Laundry Stain Remover - so I gave that a crack. Man it worked well!! The photo doesn't really do it justice. The clean stuff is the lighter grout and the dark stuff is dirty. The color of the muck that came up was just disgusting! It was like I had dipped the brush in mud first!! 


I now am looking at my lovely clean floors and feeling very proud and like a total domestic goddess!

I also did another pin - cleaning the oven with ammonia and water. FAIL! I don't have a photo, because it's so dark in there you can't see a thing! Let's just say three rounds later and I still couldn't get the stubborn stuff off. 

No comments: