Sunday, February 14, 2016

Talk about cutting it fine!!

You know that quilt I started sometime last week? Well yesterday afternoon I finished it. It was Mum's birthday yesterday so I JUST made it.



Mum was pretty happy with it. She cried - which is a sign that she absolutely loved it! LOL The more she cries the better the gift. Ahh I love my Mum.
Even my Dad was impressed with it. He was trying so hard to understand how it all worked and how I did it. Dear man. 

So this was my very first quilt-as-you-go quilt and I must say I really like it. There are some drawbacks, but many many awesome things about it. As a sufferer of fibromyalgia, I find lugging big quilts around while I quilt them really difficult and painful, but I did it one block at a time, which was SO much more manageable. And easier to work with in my little sewing machine. The backing is stitched on around the blocks which means that the top is all lovely and textured, but the bottom is smooth and soft, which is lovely on the skin. I will be making my own bed quilt in this way because it is just so much easier.

I am so happy with this quilt. The fabric is so incredibly beautiful and the design showcases them perfectly. 



No comments: