Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Recycling yarn

10 years ago I didn't know how to do anything creative. So I had to get other people to do it for me. 10 years ago I was pregnant with my son. 10 years ago I couldn't find a jacket or anything to cover up my HUUUUUGE bump to keep me warm in winter. So 10 years ago I asked my Mum to HEEEELP me before I froze!! She bought some beautiful chunky yarn and knitted me up a soft and snuggly poncho.

Fast-forward to now. My poncho is well loved and starting to fall apart. It's becoming loopy and really too far gone to be wearing out and about. But the problem is that the yarn is still in amazing condition. It's chenile - it's soft and just beautiful.


So I decided to recycle the yarn. I will make myself something new with the yarn. I don't need a poncho anymore because my baby bearing days are over. I don't need Mum to make me something this time. I can do it all by myself!! Now to find the perfect project to use these gorgeous balls.


No comments: