Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Getting into the swing of things..

The kids have scarpered to the other end of the house. In fact yesterday I barely saw them! They are so wrapped up in whatever it is they are doing and it's leaving me with lots of time to do the things I want to do!

At the end of last year I purchased a diary. I used to have one like this in years gone by and I love having my to-do lists and time management right in front of me on an a4 day to a page diary. So far it's looking a bit empty, but as school resumes and uni starts to claim my time I will have a greater need for time management and a place to write down what needs doing.


I've seen diaries and organisers on Pinterest and have had a bit of a drool. I do need to collect more pretties to make it cuter and more creative, but for now, this is working for me.

Yesterday afternoon I dug around in my scrap tub (one of the three) and hunted for more fabric to cut up into hexagons. I have to admit that I am running out of fabric that suits this quilt. Most of my fabric is really bright and this quilt is more muted. I need to keep looking. This is part of working on a 15 in 15 and Slash the Stash challenges.


Not a bad start to the week! Today's plan is to sort a shelf in the craft cupboard so I have a place to stash the finished projects that will be given as gifts. Feeling productive!!

How's the start of your week going?

No comments: