Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Challenge

So apparently it's all my fault - according to Madam Dove. I drove her to it. She spoke of it. Then all of a sudden other people are into it and getting all excited about a book that is so old it could have been read by Noah in the Ark. I'm talking about Pride and Prejudice. 



So from my innocent input, Kylie has issued a challenge. You can follow the links to get the full run down - but basically it is this:

Watch the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on youtube.
Read the book by Jane Austen
Watch a movie version of Pride and Prejudice

Being a huge Pride and Prejudice fan, this was a challenge I couldn't turn down!

So far I have "endured" the 6 hour saga of the BBC's 1995 Pride and Prejudice. All I have to say is this. Colin Firth IS MR DARCY. 



How about you? Are you a P&P fan and fancy joining this challenge?
You have to admit, there is something alluring than reading "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you" and "Have a little compassion on my poor nerves!" 

Come on in to the P&P abyss!

No comments: