Monday, July 16, 2012

So I didn't quite make it...

My one project a week plan? I didn't make it. That's because I had something better to do with my time. I spent lots of time with my children while they were on school holidays. We went on outings, and did activities together. My crafty dreams were set aside, while I helped my boy create a 2-d solar system art work for his bedroom. It's still not quite finished, but he had a wonderful time doing it. I taught my big girl how to embroider and helped her finish off her cloth doll that she has made. The kids go back to school tomorrow, and I have a full week planned, so I doubt I will get a project done this week either!

What I am working on, slowly but steadily is my ripple blanket. I'm now over half way done, so I guess that's something. I will keep working on that as I can. I want to finish that soon so I can start playing with my new toy!

DH bought me an overlocker!! :) I'm planning to get more into dress-making, especially for my girls, since I can't stand the tween look of today. I like my girls to BE girl, not to be teenage look-alikes. There is plenty of time to look like a grown up later on. I'm so excited - and a bit scared. I've not used an overlocker in years, so it's going to be a challenge learning how to use it. But I reckon once I learn, I'll be off!!


No comments: