Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fruit Medley Muffins

I've started the process of filling my freezer with baked goods and meals so in case I have a bad day or can't get to cooking, we don't have to resort to takeaway. I also want to deter Mop from wanting a lunch order from school - and her canteen sells alot of rubbish and very little healthy food. If she has alot of yummy but healthy things to grab from the freezer and pop into her lunch box then that not only saves me big bucks, but keeps unecessary rubbish going into her tummy.

These muffins are not what I would call healthy, but they are sure cheaper than $1.50 per muffin. They are also a good option for DH to grab for breakfast when he is running late.

My fruit medley has sultanas, dates, currents and dried apple.


Photobucket


RECIPE
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
100g butter, melted
1 cup fruit medley mix

Method:
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl, and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Don't mix too much otherwise they become tough. Urgh! Place spoonfuls in a muffin pan until it's 3/4 of the way filled. Bake for about 25 minutes in a moderate oven.

No comments: