Sunday, November 8, 2015

Resurrecting the caterpillar

... the Very Hungry Caterpillar that is.

Do you remember that I made my daughter a VHC quilt nearly 5 years ago? Before that I had made a few others HERE and HERE. Well to my shame, I have had scraps sitting in a bag waiting for me to use them for another project. A friend donated some of her left over VHC fabric to me, which meant I had more than enough to do something with.

Well today I decided to pull it out and actually use it! Slashing that stash baby!


I think I have enough for three quilts. I found left over blocks from my daughter's quilt, and I'm thinking of finishing them up and assembling them to make a small quilt. From the scraps of fabric I have begun cutting out 5" squares and 2.5" squares and bagging them up. Depending on how much I have of each will decide the final design.

I spent a glorious afternoon, watching Rom-coms on Stan and cutting fabric. I'm about half way through, so I will continue on next time I want to watch a movie.

No comments: