Monday, August 3, 2015

Living in a shamozzle

You know when you have those bright ideas to do something, and you totally underestimate what it actually means for you, your home or your family?

For ages I have wanted to repaint my house. The walls in my house are a livid yellow - a decision I made when heavily pregnant and nesting. I painted those walls while heavily pregnant - and after delivery. I loved those walls for 9 years.

My lounge, my bedrooms, my craft room, my bathrooms have not been painted since the house was built. The paint job is looking tired, flaking and not good.

So we empty out the lounge and set up a temporary lounge in the toy room so we have somewhere to relax in the evenings. And then we began to empty out my craft room.

1. I realised I have so much stuff in my craft room that needs to be either used or rehomed
2. I realised that this job is going to be massive!!




The window frames need sanding and staining
The cornices need painting
The ceiling needs painting
The walls need prepping and cleaned
The walls need painting
The carpets need cleaning

And then once that's done - we empty our bedroom out into our freshly painted lounge so that we can paint the bedroom and ensuite.

This is going to be a LONG process - I'm predicting months....

And this pile... is my craft room.



So I am going to have to get creative!! I'm going to have to find things to do and make that do not require a craft room. 

Let's see what I can come up with.

No comments: