Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Santa Sack (Handmade Christmas 2014)


When I was a little girl my Nanna used to give the grandchildren stockings. When you turned twelve, you no longer got a stocking, but a Christmas Bag. I had the full intention of carrying that tradition on. But then last year, my 11 year old's stocking disintegrated :( and so we had to bring the tradition forward a year. 

Last year I picked up some cute Christmas fat quarters for a song and I decided that this would be the perfect project to begin using it. I also acquired some Christmas pieces from a friend who generously passes on the fabrics and scraps she won't use and let's me use them! I most certainly used them! I am so grateful for them because she has amazing taste in fabric!

So here we are - Santa sack complete and ready to fill with stuff that would normally go in stockings.

Christmas is just around the corner - and that means Advent Blog Along is just about to begin. Will you be joining in this year? It's always such fun! Keep an eye on Car's blog and be ready for December first when she launches it! 

No comments: