Friday, January 31, 2014

Having a quiet week.

It's been one of those weeks and basically I haven't been in the mood for creating. There have been some definite creative vibe destroyers happening this week.

First of all, our beloved fur-baby that has been in our lives for 16 years got seriously sick and we had to make the tough decision to say goodbye to her. My children were heart broken and it's been really hard trying to comfort them when we are grieving ourselves. We are getting there.

Second of all the kids went back to school, which I always find a bit hard. It's back into routine once more. Drop offs, pick-ups, diaries, homework, notes, meeting teachers, preparing my ASD's as best as I can.... It's been full on.

Third... my other cat (the non-angel one) peed in my quilting fabric for my BOM that I was doing. *sigh* So I had to wash all that and now it's sitting there in one unironed mess and I am feeling deflated as it is. So I'm ignoring it.

So I picked up my crochet hook, some scrap wool and a pattern I had started way back in the very beginning of my crochet journey and started making squares. Little imagination or creativity required. Just mindless rounds. That's all I need at the moment. Mindless and time to recover and adjust to the changes.

Here is the last picture I have of my old gal. This was after she had dug her way out of the cat run Great-Escape style and went down a drain. I had to get the SES out to rescue her!! Maybe she was running away because she knew it was time? Rest in Peace baby girl.


No comments: