Monday, September 22, 2008

Simply sweet.

After I finished the last quilt I have felt rather lost. My hands are empty now when I sit down. I don't feel soothed and relaxed as I stitch tiny little stitches. I am almost mourning that project that is now over. I have another one I want to do, but waiting for either a) a voucher to come in the mail from Spotlight or b)money to pay for this quilt project.

So anyway... today, I saw a few needles that I had out from my quilt, and thought. "You know what? I need a pin cushion. It's safer for the kids - I won't be loosing them all the time, and it will save me time looking for the blasted thing every time I put it down."

So I sat down this afternoon and began stitching by hand a little pin cushion. I could have done it by machine and saved myself... oh about 1 1/2 hours. But I enjoyed sitting there stitching away. It only took me 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's very simple, but I am very proud of it. It's made from fabric that a lady gave me from freecycle. She had stacks of fabric (not suitable for quilting unfortunately) that she wanted to get rid of, so I stuck my hand up for a few rolls of the stuff.

No comments: